RETURN TO PLAY
UpdatedSunday May 31, 2020 byChief Information Officer.
As youth sports activities resume after the recent hiatus, families will have questions and concerns about youth safety at league activities like practices and games. Leagues like Metuchen Baseball and Softball (MBBSB) are chartered through a national organization. While we take direction from our local town leaders, we must also follow the guidance and rules that our national charter, the Babe Ruth League, publishes. MBBSB will need to consider and follow all of these rules and recommendations as we move forward in 2020 and potentially 2021.
The attached document is essentially an amendment to our rule book and covers everything from how a league should host a general meeting to new modified rules of play. Some of the areas covered include:
- Working closely with and seeking local government and state guidance
- Game / Field of play changes
- Changes to Dugout - limit of 2 players in a dugout
- Social distancing of players
- Ump placement behind pitcher
- Participants and PPE requirements
- Fan and viewer rules
- Contact Tracing (all games) through attendance logs
- Social distancing, masks, limited amount of “fans”
- Facility Rules
- Regular facility cleaning between games
A link to the new guidelines that the Babe Ruth League distributed to all its chartered programs is here: